Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Tea

I've really been on a tea kick lately. I guess it has to do with the combination of trying to get used to caffeine because I love coffee and tea, the unbearable cold temperature in the office, and office recently getting the convenient UV treated water dispenser with hot water option.

Alas, weaklings who just clear 5 feet just don't take to caffeine too well, so I have been test tasting infusions (other plants you brew like tea which aren't the tea plant) as well. I first tried peppermint which wasn't too good. Then, I looked up chamomile and was intrigued by the fact that the internet said it smelled like apples. I bought that and a whole bunch of other teas from HEB for $10. The other ones I bought were a chai white tea and Tazo calm. Got the chai white for the lower caffeine content and the cute tin and the Tazo for the fancy looking box. The chai white was awesomeness. It smelled slightly of cinnamon and and also had a light tea taste. It also seemed to be lower in caffeine as I was wasn't a jittery mess after enjoying it.

Now, the Tazo had everything but the kitchen sink as an ingredient which was very intriguing at first, but the first time I made it, the pungent odor reminded me of a field, which is not necessarily something you want to drink. I also laughed at my coworker calling it a puddle when I told him of all the various ingredients, although it probably wasn't that bad. The earthy taste of it made me decide it might be better with honey than the sugar I originally used.

Conclusion: I guess if I have to drink something that tasted like a field, I would drink it with honey.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i can't handle caffeine either.. i have to drink decaf at work if i just want to taste coffee.. with lots of cream/sugar.. but normally i'll go for tea... i like a tea with cream.. where english breakfast is best...

or i'll go for asian teas.. like oolong or green tea with brown rice.. light and delicious!

Flashes of Style said...

I love,love,love tea! <3

Annebeth said...

oh I loooove tea. Coffee is gross, tea is the best! I love mine with a bit of milk and honey.

If you have some spare time, check out my blog :)
http://stylingdutchman.blogspot.com/